[Opendj] Get password from request

Matthew Swift matthew.swift at forgerock.com
Fri Feb 3 06:41:15 EST 2012

Hi Juan,

If you are using the SDK, which I think you are since you are referring to
a BindRequest, then I think that you have highlighted a weakness in the
server-side APIs in the SDK. The existing APIs look very client focused and
there is little server-side support. I have raised issue OPENDJ-419 (
https://bugster.forgerock.org/jira/browse/OPENDJ-419) to track this. In the
mean time I recommend that you look at the LDAPServer unit test class which
currently supports SASL authentication:

http://sources.forgerock.org/browse/opendj/trunk/opendj3/opendj-ldap-sdk/src/test/java/org/forgerock/opendj/ldap/LDAPServer.java?r=HEAD#l247

Matt