[OpenAM] ssoadm realm setup

Hillert, Paul T. Paul.Hillert at Channelvantage.com
Fri Apr 27 22:01:57 BST 2012

I’m trying to automate the creation of an authentication chain through the ssoadm tool.  I am able to properly create everything, however, when attempting to access a protected site I get an error on the login page: “No Configuration Found”.  Going through the Console and saving up through the Authentication Chain I’m trying to create sets something in the background, and everything works after that; I am planning on deploying the headless war though, so we can’t do this manually, I’m guessing I’m missing some other part that should be configured before running these commands?

After googling the issue, I found the following command(s) as suggestions:

Ssoadm Set-realm-svc-attrs -e myRealm -s iPlanetAMAuthService  -a iplanet-am-auth-admin-auth-module=myChain
Ssoadm Set-realm-svc-attrs -e myRealm -s iPlanetAMAuthService  -a iplanet-am-auth-org-config=myChain

ssoadm add-svc-attrs -e <YourRealm>  -s iPlanetAMAuthService -u amAdmin \
       -f <password file location for amAdmin>  \
       -a iplanet-am-auth-org-config=<Your Auth Chain>

but when I run them I get the following error:

Data validation failed for the attribute, Organization Authentication Configuration

Thanks again for your help,

Paul Hillert

This email is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only and may contain privileged, confidential, copyrighted or proprietary information. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not keep, use, disclose, copy or distribute this email without the author's prior permission. We have taken precautions to minimize the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to carry out your own virus checks on any attachment to this message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software viruses. The information contained in this communication may be confidential and may be subject to the attorney-client privilege.